Prof. Dr. Monowarul Islam
Prof. Dr. Monowarul Islam currently practicing as Consultant at Bashundhara Eye Hospital & Research Institute, Bashundhara R/A, Dhaka-1229.
He is working as a Professor of Ophthalmology in Shaheed Monsur Ali Medical College Uttara, Dhaka.
Field of work:
Uveitis, Ocular inflammation allergy and immunology
Retinal disorders, Laser therapy, Oculoplastics, Cataract.
Uveitis, Genetics and Immunology, Refractive surgery.
Dr. S M Monowarul Islam after passing MBBS from Dhaka Medical College in 1988 started his carrier in ophthalmology as a resident in the Department of Ophthalmology, The University of Tokyo School of Medicine in 1990. He obtained the Degree of Doctor of Medical Science (DMSc) in 1996. Thereafter, he worked as an associate in the same department for two years. In 1998, Dr Islam joined as a Consultant Ophthalmologist at The Eye Center, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia and continued there for four years.
After returning home Dr. Islam served as the Chief Consultant of Fashion Eye Hospital Dhaka. Then in 2005, he started his position as an assistant professor at Shahabuddin Medical College Dhaka. He became professor of Ophthalmology in the International Medical College in 2012. At present, He is the Professor and Head of the Ophthalmology department of Shaheed Monsur Ali Medical College, Dhaka.
Dr. Islam is the author of 35 articles in different national and international journals
1. Japanese Ophthalmological Society 1992-1997
2. Japan Society for Transfusion Medicine 1993-1998
3. Association for Research in Vision & Ophthalmology, USA. 1993-1998
4. Founder member, Sandhani International Eye Donation Society, Bangladesh
5. Founder member, Bangladesh Burn association
6. Life Member, Ophthalmological Society of Bangladesh
7. Life Member, Bangladesh Uvea Society